When homeowners decide to start remodeling or redecorating the main room of their house, sometimes they want a new item that sparks some life into their home. For this reason, an energy efficient electric fireplace to help stay warm in the winters is a great item to pick up.
Of course, some people don’t want a standalone electric fireplace. Usually this is because they have limited space available and they would have to pick between an electric fireplace and an entertainment center. However, what if there was a way to have an entertainment center and an electric fireplace in one? This is where an electric fireplace media console unit would come in. This combines the best of both of these items into one, saving you space and looking stylish while doing it.
This article is not only going to cover what makes a good electric fireplace media console or white fireplace TV stand, but it is also going to give you plenty of other ideas to fill out the living space to go along with it.
Break out those old gift cards you forgot about and prep your credit card, we are going to take you on a journey of what’s trending in modern home decor.
Design Fireplace with Media Console
- Why Should I Get An Electric Fireplace? – If you are reading this post because you haven’t yet picked up an electric fireplace, you might still be on the fence and unsure if they are right for you. In this section of the post we are going to give you all of the important details and facts about why electric fireplaces are such a wonderful addition to people’s homes. We will talk about the different electric fireplace options, not just media center fireplaces. By the time you are done reading this part of the article, you will have a full understanding of what an electric fireplace can really do for your home and you can decide which type is really best for you.
- Is There A Media Console That Comes With An Electric Fireplace? – Since many people reading this are mostly interested in getting a media console or TV stand that doubles as an electric fireplace, this section will help you explore what type of electric fireplace media cabinet is right for you. We will cover important features that they should include depending on your needs, as well as different styles that there are so that it can fit the decorating style you prefer.
- Living Room Remodeling and Decor Guide – In this massive guide, we will focus on the popular trends and items in modern living rooms. We will list many different products that can take the main room of your house from just a simple room to one of the most comforting, impressive, and relaxing rooms of the house. Most of these items will be a great compliment to a new media stand fireplace. If you are someone who takes a lot of pride in their living space, this section will absolutely be for you. Don’t be afraid to break out the pen and paper and take notes of anything that piques your interests. After finishing this article, you can go check your favorite online retailer to hunt for deals or see new arrivals.
- What Is A Good Alternative To Use Instead of A Media Console or TV Stand That Has An Electric Fireplace Built Into It? – Even though you are probably currently thinking about getting a media stand with an electric fireplace built into it, this might not actually be the very best option for your home. In this section, we will explore an alternative that many people seem to prefer due to all of the advantages it has over a TV stand fireplace.
Why Should I Get An Electric Fireplace?
There are so many different reasons that electric fireplaces are a great choice for your home. They are:
- A lot more cost effective than your typical wood burning fireplace or even a gas fireplace.
- Much safer than traditional fireplaces due to no flame being present or having harmful emissions.
- Easy to install.
- Easy to operate, especially with a remote or smartphone app.
- Hassle-free! They don’t come with all of the extra work and chores necessary with traditional fireplaces.
Is There A Media Console That Comes With An Electric Fireplace?
If you have an old, cheaply made particle board TV stand for your flat screen TV to sit on, it is time to take that cheap thing and set it by the curbside for an eager college student or even the garbage man to haul away. It is time to upgrade your living space with a high quality media console.
When choosing a TV stand that is combined with an electric fireplace, there are a few important things to keep in mind:
- Size and Weight Allowance – How much space in your living room are you allotting to your TV stand? How large is the TV you will be using? Using a stand that is way too small for a large TV can result in damage to the stand itself, but more importantly, your expensive TV. On the other side, if you have a very large television stand with a lot of surface space on top, it will look strange and out of place with a much smaller TV resting on it. Try to get a television stand that fits the size of the TV you are placing on it and can also handle the weight of it without any problems.
- Performance of the Fireplace – It is completely pointless to spend extra on a television stand that has an electric fireplace built right into it if it doesn’t actually function and perform as well as you want it to. You want a fireplace with an electric heater that is powerful enough to warm the space you need it for, but you also want to make sure you have one that is energy-efficient. You also want something with relatively realistic flame visual effects. If you don’t have something that can at least someone simulate a real fire, then your electric fireplace television stand is nothing more than an electric space heater without the added benefit of easily being able to move it from room to room as needed. Also, keep in mind that while there are some really good brands out there that specialize in television stand fireplaces, they simply won’t compete with standalone luxury electric fireplaces with ultra-realistic hologram visuals that genuinely look like the real thing. If you want something like that, you are much better off checking out a brand like MagikFlame and getting a normal television stand without a fireplace built into it.
- Materials and Color – What kind of vibe are you going for in your living space? Do you want something mid-century modern? Try white oak or something else that is quite minimalistic. Do you want something modern but of a darker tone? Try a wood with an espresso finish. Are you looking for something more rustic? You can get solid wood television stands that look like they might have been expertly repurposed from an antique barn door. Barn door style wood with a beautiful, rich texture will absolutely give your living space a great rustic farmhouse focal point while still keeping things modern. For a piece that is a little brighter with more color to it, you can consider getting one made out of beautiful teak wood. It’s also good to consider things like additional styling of the piece. If you want a television stand that is more ornate, checkout something with intricate wood carving or even crown molding features.
- Location and Placement – If you are planning to put this against a flat wall sitting across from your couch, you will be fine with a standard unit. However, maybe you have a more unusual layout and a corner TV stand would be better for you. Either way, you need to know where in the room it will be going before you purchase one. If you get a corner unit, it will be a lot harder to rearrange the furniture in your room at a later date unless you’re simply switching corners. The upside of corner units is they tend to take up even less space and be out of the way. Considering many people have quite large TVs, a standard wall unit would usually be best. If you still wanted something for the corner, they have standalone corner electric fireplaces that would be perfect. You can add more shelves above it to utilize the space. This way you don’t have to worry if your TV will fit on the limited space of a corner unit.
- Additional Features – Do you need plenty of open storage to show off your media collection? Maybe you want to hide your media storage behind sliding doors. Or you can combine the two and get glass doors if you still want to show off that movie collection inside of your storage space. You may need open shelves for things like the cable box, video game console, or media player.
Consider everything that you will need nearby your television and make sure there is adequate space for it all before purchasing. If you have bookshelves or cabinetry nearby, this might not be nearly as important.
Now that you have a better idea of what kind of electric fireplace television stand might be good for you, it is time to highlight some other items for your living space that are sure to impress guests when they come over.
Living Room Remodeling and Decor Guide
- Bookcase – There are few ways that are more relaxing than curling up with a good book in front of a fireplace. If you have quite a lot of books and you don’t have a home office or other room to store them in, you should consider getting a high quality bookcase to show off the collection of all of your favorite books. You can get a standalone book case, or a larger unit that is built into the entire wall on one side of the room. If you go with a large, built-in bookcase with lots of shelving, that is a way to add more items you can display beyond just books. You can decorate bookends, show off some interesting art, or display some of your more interesting collectables. If you don’t have much room for lots of built-in shelving, consider just putting up a beautiful floating bookshelf or two. Just be sure that the bookshelf is in a wood or other materials that matches the new electric fireplace media console you have purchased.
- Credenza – A credenza is also known as a sideboard or a buffet. These are commonly found in a dining room as a place to store dinnerware, but you can easily keep it in your main family room as well if there is space along a wall. This is especially useful for people that have large open floor plans where the main living area, dining area, and kitchen are all connected in a large space. To decorate the credenza, the top would make a great place for some art, decorative candles, or a vase of flowers. Inside of it, you can store your high quality dinnerware or other things that don’t need direct accessibility in the kitchen. This can be large dishes, extra cookware, bakeware, high end cutlery, extra flatware sets, glassware, and anything else you might need. It’s really common to keep things that are for special things in your sideboard. This can include cloth napkins, holiday centerpieces, high quality tablecloths, and much more. Usually the storage inside is hidden from view, so you really can put anything in it that you otherwise don’t have space for.
- Chandeliers – While people usually see this as something that is associated with the dining room, if you have an entryway that is directly connected to your main living space, they can be an interesting way to add depth and light to the room. Just make sure it fits the home decor style you are going with. If you want a minimalist modern style, throwing up a large crystal chandelier with LED candle fixtures might look quite out of place.
- Sectional Couch – If you are going to have a warm fireplace to sit in front of and watch TV, you better have a really comfortable couch to do it justice. Couches come in so many shapes, materials, and colors to choose from that it should be really easy to find one that suits your home. Usually, a sectional will have one large space that is comfortable if you want to lay back more while still facing the TV. You can also find some that have built in recliners for your feet. Often, you can get one with a large ottoman that perfectly matches the couch color and material. Some ottomans have more internal storage in case you have a large blu-ray collection or you want to store extra video game controllers. If it doesn’t come with an ottoman, you can try poufs that come in a variety of styles. You should be able to find one that matches well. Don’t forget to get oversized couch pillows and a large, soft duvet for added comfort on the couch. You should get your pillows and duvet in colors and material that are different from the couch, but still compliment it.
- Coffee Table and End Tables – If you have space for it, a beautiful coffee table and possibly one or more end tables is a great way to add more beautiful wood in the room that matches the wood of your television stand fireplace. Of course, it doesn’t have to be wood. There are plenty of other styles, especially if you want a coffee table that really pops. Even a glass table will have an interesting modern look to it, especially if your television stand has some glass shelves or doors included with it. If you don’t have space for a table in front of the couch because of a large ottoman, an end table on the side of the couch also works well as a great place to place the TV remote control or set a beverage. Additionally, you can get a nice tray that sits on the ottoman so that you can place items on it as a makeshift table. A tray is easy to move if you want to put your feet up.
- Wall Sconces and Lamps – unlike bright outdoor lighting, lighting in your living space should be more subtle and warm. However, to still make sure you have enough light when you need it, you should have several different sources of light available to you that can each be turned on or off independently. Wall sconces and lamps are great ways to add more dynamic lighting to the room in a stylish way. Wall sconces and lamps both come in a variety of interesting shapes, sizes and colors. You can get ones that both fit the style of the room, and also match each other at the same time. make sure to space the lighting around the room. There is no point having a floor lamp against a wall right below where you’ve installed a wall sconce. You want pockets of light from around the room to fill the space evenly. Lastly, consider dimmer switches for your lights to add even more dynamic lighting. Dim the lights more to allow the warm glow of our electric fireplace to lend itself to a more inviting, cozy atmosphere.
- Plants – Don’t forget to bring a little bit of the outdoors to the indoors. Adding some greenery in the form of small, indoor trees and other plants, is a great way to keep a room feeling inviting while making the air a lot fresher to breathe. Many indoor plants naturally remove toxins from the air.
- Art and Other Items – Don’t be afraid to find some pieces of art or other things to give your room a little bit of your own personality.
What Is A Good Alternative To Use Instead of A Media Console or TV Stand That Has An Electric Fireplace Built Into It?
While many people think that a TV stand is the best way to save space, this isn’t exactly true. Especially if you don’t need any additional storage space that the stand provides. The television stand will still take up space that could otherwise be open. This is important if you have large pieces of furniture and it is a tight squeeze between a television stand and the couch. Stand alone wall unit electric fireplaces have much less depth than a bulky television stand.
Instead of a fireplace television stand, consider installing a dedicated, high end, stand alone electric fireplace against the wall and then simply mounting your TV above it. The wonderful thing about electric fireplaces is that you don’t have to worry about smoke causing damage to the TV like it would if you hang it above a traditional fireplace. As long as the blowers on the electric fireplace aren’t pointing directly upward, it is perfectly safe to mount a TV there. Since many electric fireplaces push heat out from the front, this isn’t an issue at all.
If this sounds like a better solution for you, then you are in luck. MagikFlame electric fireplaces are better in every way compared to fireplaces that are built into television stands.
For starters, short of the real thing, there is no fireplace on the market that can match the realistic flame effects that MagikFlame fireplaces can produce. Their fireplaces are the only ones that use state of the art holographic technology called Holoflame. With this technology, you can select between 30 different 3D holographic simulations of flickering flames with beautiful dancing embers. To add to the visuals, the holographic flames are projected so it looks like they are originating from a real physical log set that sits inside of the firebox of the electric fireplace.
To complete the realistic illusion that you are sitting in front of a real fireplace, MagikFlame features several crackling log sounds that can play while the fireplace visuals are on. This drives the experience home to further immerse you. There are also some nature sounds you can play for some added relaxation and atmosphere.
You don’t have to worry about your home being cold with their powerfully efficient 5,200 BTU heater. This puts out enough heat that you can warm up to 1,000 square feet. That is the size of most apartments, some small houses, or very large rooms of bigger houses. Additionally, you can install these in multiple rooms if you have a large house with many rooms and want everywhere covered by the supplemental heat.
More about MagikFlame:
- An information packed MagikFlame Best electric fireplace buying guide for you to learn more about MagikFlame products, how they work, and which might be best to install in your home.
- A brief MagikFlame story about how the fireplace’s conception came from a film industry visual effect background.
- An explanation on how MagikFlame is built that highlights all of the quality materials, parts, and workmanship that goes into each fireplace.
- A quick payment plans and financing breakdown so you can easily order a MagikFlame electric fireplace today.
- A collection of several MagikFlame reviews and testimonials from actual customers that want to share their honest opinions with future potential MagikFlame fireplace owners.
- Common FAQs about MagikFlame fireplaces that may not have been answered elsewhere.