Any good interior designer will be able to tell you that a fireplace is a great focal point in the main family room of your house. However, did you know that it is increasingly becoming a trend to put a cozy electric fireplace in the bedroom? Whether you are in the planning stages with a talented architect to design your new home, or you desire to tackle an interesting remodel project, anytime is a good time to consider a modern fireplace in your bedroom.
This article will talk all about fireplaces for your bedroom, different ideas, and different types of fireplaces, and give some recommendations on the best fireplace for a bedroom.
Here Is Every Item You’re Going To Find Within The Article Below:
- Does a Fireplace Always Have To Be In The Living Room or Can You Have a Bedroom Fireplace? – We discuss the simple possibility of having a fireplace in the bedroom versus other rooms within your home.
- What Are The Benefits Of Having a Bedroom Fireplace To Begin With? – The advantages and benefits of a fireplace in your bedroom are highlighted.
- Why Is a Faux Electric Fireplace The Best Option For a Bedroom Fireplace Over a Fireplace Design That Burns Wood or a Built-In Gas Fireplace? – For people that aren’t aware of the problems with wood fuel and gas fireplaces, we lay out exactly why electric fireplaces are your best choice.
- How Many Different Electric Fireplace Varieties Exist and Which Fireplace Type Is Best To Use In The Master Bedroom or Master Suite? – Choosing the right type can be tricky, especially for a bedroom. Here we talk about the types, which are best for your bedroom, and which you need to ignore completely.
- What Are Some Interior Design Decorating Ideas and Other Home Decor Design Ideas When It Involves a Modern Bedroom Sitting Area? – We give you some basic ideas when it regards the design of your fireplace in combination with the style of your bedroom.
- Are There Stone Fireplace Styles That Are Electric and Other Fireplace Surround Types? – We talk a bit about different materials you can find electric fireplaces using for their mantels.
- Do Electric Fireplaces That Have a Physical Log Set Look More Realistic That Electric Fireplaces That Don’t Have Physical Log Sets? – This area talks all about the importance of realism and the features that will help you accomplish a realistic look to your fireplace.
- Is It Safe To Use Electric Fireplaces If You display an Area Rug as Part of Your Bedroom Design? – More talk about safety when it involves electric fireplaces inside of a residence and specifically in your bedroom.
- Which Top Brand of Great Electric Fireplaces Has a Modern Design, Is High Quality, and Has a Flame Effect That Looks Like a Real Flame? – Here we discuss one of the absolute highest quality fireplaces on the market with realistic fireplaces that are top tier.
Can You Have a Bedroom Fireplace?
You can absolutely put a fireplace in the bedroom if you’d like to add an extra cozy feeling. Keep in mind that while all fuel types, wood, gas, and electric can technically be installed in bedrooms, it is less common for wood or gas-style fireplaces to be installed there. In most cases, people choose an electric solution for the fireplace they want to make a focus of their sleeping area.
What Are The Benefits Of Having a Bedroom Fireplace To Begin With?
When it comes to fireplaces in the bedroom, coziness is the key. If you have a bedroom with plenty of space, you can arrange a cozy area for sitting next to the fireplace, enjoying the warm, glowing, natural light of the fire, while sipping on your hot cocoa and reading a nice book.
Even if you don’t have a lot of space in your bedroom, there are many fireplace options that can help you save space. This will add a lot of wonderful atmospheres and also keep you warm when it is time to sleep. On top of this, by only using the fireplace at night in your bedroom and keeping your door shut, you save tons of money paying for the heating bill compared to trying to heat your entire home.
Why Is a Faux Electric Fireplace The Best Option For a Bedroom Fireplace Over a Fireplace Design That Burns Wood or a Built-In Gas Fireplace?
Wood fireplaces suffer many issues when it comes to fire safety, harmful emissions, and just being a huge hassle to use in general. Gas fireplaces that can come in propane, natural gas, or in rarer cases ethanol, share many similar problems. While gas fireplaces have a slight advantage over wood fireplaces, electric fireplaces are easily the best pick to put in your home. Here is why:
- No Added Fire Risk – There is no fire hazard from exposed flames like there is with wood and gas.
- No Harmful Emissions – Electric fireplaces have no way of producing smoke or carbon monoxide.
- No Staining or Smells – Because there is no smoke, your home won’t have a smoky smell and your walls won’t stain.
- Using it is Easy – There is no hassle to using electric fireplaces. Just turn it on and enjoy it.
- Easy Installing – You don’t need a home builder to install it for you. You can easily do it yourself by setting it in the right spot and plugging your fireplace into any nearby outlet you have available.
- Apartments and Condos – You don’t have to own real estate and it doesn’t have to be a house. You can utilize electric fireplaces in several types of homes, owned or rented.
- Any Room – Just like you may place electric fireplaces in the bedroom, you can also put them in any other room just as simply.
- TV Mounting Safe – If you’re interested in mounting your TV above the mantel of electric fireplaces, it won’t damage it like all wood and most gas fireplaces.
- Heat Efficiency – They are impressively efficient and can help you save on your heating bill.
- Supplemental Zone Heating – Even large homes can save on their heating bill with zone heating strategies.
- Remote Control – Because electric fireplaces will usually come with a variety of remotes, you don’t have to stand up to power it on or change the temperature.
- Flame Effect Ambiance – Electric fireplaces with high-end holographic technology are so realistic that it feels like the real thing.
How Many Different Electric Fireplace Varieties Exist and Which Fireplace Type Is Best To Use In The Master Bedroom or Master Suite?
There are many different categories and variations of electric fireplaces. The different types are made for different situations and aesthetic preferences. Of course, some are better for a bedroom, while others are better for other situations. Lastly, some aren’t very good and you need to stay far away from them. Here is the list of various types and what you will get from them:
- Electric Fireplace Mantel – These units sit up against the flat wall of a room like a traditional style fireplace. These are good in a bedroom if you have plenty of space. That being said, you can also get these in smaller sizes as well.
- Corner Fireplace – This is a one-sided fireplace built for the corner of one of the rooms in your home. The side faces the very center of your bedroom at a 45-degree angle. These are perfect for saving space, especially in bedrooms where space may be limited.
- TV Stand Fireplace – Units like these are also good for saving space because they combine two things. However, the main issue with these units is that very often the fireplace itself isn’t very good. This is because there is limited space within the body of the TV stands to fit a fireplace. Buy these with caution.
- Corner TV Stand Fireplace – One of these units will have the same fireplace issues as the previously listed one. If you must have one of these units, just buy a standard fireplace built for a corner instead of this entertainment stand version. You can place a television atop a standard corner unit and still have good fireplace performance.
- Wall Mount Fireplace – A wall-mounted electric fireplace lets you hang the fireplace on the wall. You may also decide to install it inside of a clean recessed wall for a beautiful flush wall look to it.
- Electric Fireplace Insert – These versatile fireplaces allow you to transform one of your current wood-style fireplaces, and turn it into one that is completely electric. They may also be utilized with custom mantels.
- Freestanding Fireplace Heater – Nothing more than a portable heater. These don’t work well and don’t look good. Avoid them.
- Electric Stove – For homes with a strong rural style, they may want one of these that looks somewhat like a wood stove.
What Are Some Interior Design Decorating Ideas and Other Home Decor Design Ideas When It Involves a Modern Bedroom Sitting Area?
There are many fireplace ideas and bedroom ideas when it regards the style you are going for. For a minimalist look, you may purchase a fireplace with a white mantel. Or you can do more of a rustic bedroom look with darker wood or wood with rich grains.
Whatever style you go with, make sure that you choose a fireplace style that matches the style you currently use inside your place. If there is a headboard with a certain type of wood, look for a fireplace that has a mantel with wood that matches. If you have a chandelier in your bedroom, choose a fireplace that matches a more ornate, luxurious style.
Are There Stone Fireplace Styles That Are Electric and Other Fireplace Surround Types?
Yes, there are some with stone, some with wood, and many other materials. Of course, certain brands will usually specialize in specific materials and look in their fireplaces, instead of attempting to spread too thin. Therefore, you should find a brand with a great look that is versatile in the styles it goes with. Additionally, you can always pick up an insert and use a third-party mantel or build yourself a mantel of your own design.
Do Electric Fireplaces That Have a Physical Log Set Look More Realistic That Electric Fireplaces That Don’t Have Physical Log Sets?
Absolutely. Having a firebox that has realistic-looking logs in it helps add to the entire experience. If you’d like to really give your bedroom a completely cozy atmosphere, then you should really be looking at electric fireplaces that are more traditional looking and strive for realism in all aspects. Between realistic fire effects and realistic log sets, you can’t go wrong when both are included.
Is It Safe To Use Electric Fireplaces If You Display an Area Rug as Part of Your Bedroom Design?
Yes, electric fireplaces are entirely usable with a rug nearby. Unlike traditional wood and even gas fireplaces, electric fireplaces don’t burn anything inside of them and therefore they don’t come with all of those additional fire hazards. Electric fireplaces are great for smaller areas like bedrooms because you don’t need to concern yourself with any exposed flames or an ember sparking off and igniting a nearby flammable object like a rug, blanket, or curtain.
Which Top Brand of Great Electric Fireplaces Has a Modern Design, Is High Quality, and Has a Flame Effect That Looks Like a Real Flame?
MagikFlame is a brand of gorgeous electric fireplaces with the most realistic fire effects on the market and this is because of their incredible Holoflame technology. All of their models are durable, and reliable, with a focus on excellent build quality and high-end parts.
If you need to find a fireplace that is perfect for the bedroom, you want to check out the MagikFlame Churchill Corner Fireplace. This is a corner unit that will help save you space by fitting snugly into the corner of rooms. The beautiful white finish of the mantel looks clean and timeless in its style. It is perfect if you’re interested in decorating around Christmas with stockings and holly on the mantel.
There are many other models that MagikFlame offers as well. Regardless of which of the fantastic models you end up choosing for your bedroom or another room of your home, all of their models come with these features for people to enjoy:
- Ultra Realistic 3D Fire Effects – The fire effects are what make these fireplaces just so realistic. The Holoflame technology means that 3D holographic flames move and dance while being projected masterfully onto authentic-looking log sets that sit in MagikFlame fireplaces. The log sets rest over glowing ember logs for more visual impact. There isn’t just one style of flame to set the mood, but 30 different styles that come with MagikFlame fireplaces. This will give you the ability to set the mood of your bedroom to your exact preferences without any hassle at all.
- Crackling Log Sounds – The visuals that are MagikFlame fire effects are already incredibly impressive. However, to further add to a realistic fireplace experience, MagikFlame fireplaces also have the sound of burning logs that accompany the flickering flames. With the auditory addition of every little snap and pop of the flames, you are fully immersed in the atmosphere of your fantastic fireplace. If you want more relaxation, you can opt to indulge in some nature sounds with the MagikFlame fireplaces as well.
- 5,200 BTU Heater – Inside of every single MagikFlame unit, whether you go with a mantel package or the insert, is a powerful and efficient infrared quartz heater. This fireplace can easily put out enough heat to warm a space of 1,000 square feet very quickly. Because of how efficient they are, they can keep your bedroom or home warm while managing to keep your heating bill as low as possible. If you wanted to warm a large home with it that is larger than 1,000 square feet, you can also set up a supplemental heat system using multiple fireplaces. This lets you benefit from the fireplace experience and still keep a low heating bill even for giant homes.
- Smartphone App – Many people might get sick of placing yet another typical remote control on the pile of remotes that are in their homes. With MagikFlame fireplaces, you don’t need a regular remote because they have an intuitive app that is able to be easily installed on your smartphone or even a tablet device. With the app, you are able to use the large, graphic buttons to control the flames, set the temperature, control the sounds, and much more. The app allows you to operate your fireplace from any place inside of your house so you can turn on your fireplace before heading to bed so that the bedroom is warm when you get in there.