Yes. We use holographic projection technology, so there is no real fire in this fireplace. Instead, we use video of fire and holographically project those flames onto the logs making it look like they are burning. The flames look real, but there is no actual fire, making this fireplace very safe around children and pets.
However, there is some heat generated around the heater when that’s being operated, and there’s a piece of glass that we use inside the fireplace that could be broken if kids put their hands inside the fireplace and play around with it roughly.
If you have small, curious children we recommend putting a traditional fireplace screen in front of the fireplace to keep their hands out and instruct them to not play with the unit.
When used in accordance with the instructions this fireplace is very safe. Far more so than a traditional combustion fireplace.