Not Likely. We use holographic projection technology, so there is no real fire in this fireplace. Instead, we use video of fire and holographically project those flames onto the logs making it look like they are burning. The flames look real, but there is no actual fire making this fireplace very safe.
The heater is also very safe, but the metal in front of the blower can get warm and should not be touched while the fireplace is being operated with the heater on.
If you have small children, consider putting a fireplace screen in front of the fireplace or instructing them to not play with the unit. It is very safe when used with common sense and instructions followed.