Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions


What is it called that surrounds the fireplace?

The Insert is the core fireplace technology that’s made out of sheet metal and a complex array of electronics to simulate a real fireplace. This surround is called a mantel, and it’s often made out of wood or simulated stone. The mantels we sell are made from wood.

Related FAQs


Do You Have Additional Questions?

We love talking fireplaces! Call us anytime at 800-558-8098 or chat with us on the web site. We can also be emailed at [email protected]. Usually phone calls and chat widget requests get the quickest replies.

Vector 14
Vector 15

Get the latest news