Are you looking for a fireplace but don’t want to worry about chimney cleaning and maintenance? If so, an electric fireplace could be right for you. Our insight below should provide you with more information about electric fireplaces and flame realism.
These specialty retail fireplaces create a simulated flame with an electric fireplace insert, which can appear very real from a distance. Furthermore, modern technology with the high-end electric fireplace delivers the best illusion of a real fire. Other mechanical electric fireplaces, that use electric coils within their firebox, flicker light to mimic fire, but really don’t cut it for realism. They do generate heat, which is always a nice benefit in the colder weather. Read more about manufacturers, models, and differences in our most electric fireplace buying guide.
In this post, you will learn:
- The types of electric firebox styles that you can get, including Dimplex and freestanding products
- Adjusting the flame and heat settings on the electric fireplace insert whether you have a wall-mounted electric fireplace or a space heater with simulated flames
- The sound and scent that can be generated by them
- Ways that you can operate your new firebox with hard settings and touchstone technology
- The financing and pricing that we offer
- Our customer service
- What you can expect in the future
- Information about adjusting the thermostat on the product, including how to adjust the Duraflame electric heater
- The information that you need to compare what we offer to an existing fireplace that burns real wood
- The color options that are offered for your classic flame
- Why we offer the best electric fireplace, flame technology, and fireplace stove
- How the touchstone fireplaces that we offer are similar to and different than products that offer burning fire
- How LED lights and LED lighting technology can create a realistic-looking flame for a wall mount electric fireplace or space heater
1. There Are Many Types Of Electric Fireplaces Available
Every contemporary electric fireplace is slightly different, but there are several broad categories of these products that you should know about. Here are a few of the most common types of electric fireplaces that you can choose if you want to experience something similar to actual fire without the hassle:
Space Heater Electric Fireplaces (Freestanding)
If you are looking for an electric fireplace to heat a small room and emit nothing but a single flame, a space heater style product may be what you need. These fireplaces are small, compact, and easy to move around. However, these products can offer a simulated ember bed that features the great addition of lifelike glowing embers.
Space heater-style electric fireplaces come in all shapes and sizes. While most of them put out only around 1,000 British Thermal Units (BTU), it is possible to get more powerful space heaters, which are designed to heat a larger space.
A Wall Mount Electric Fireplace
Some electric fireplaces can be permanently mounted to the wall or pushed against the wall.
These products can be quite large, and they are often called freestanding fireplaces. The high-end freestanding electric fireplaces such as MagikFlame can simulate a 3D flame.
Also, some competitor freestanding products are powerful enough to distribute heat throughout your home, but they can be a bit more expensive to run.
Furthermore, consider Dimplex Opti-Myst (single mist flame realism), Opti-V technology, and a realistic flame effect if you buy your fireplace from MagikFlame (30 ultra-realistic flame effects).
2. You’ll Be Able To Adjust The Heat Settings With A Touch Screen
You can adjust the heat settings of electric fireplaces, which can allow you to get your room to the right temperature. Most electric fireplaces allow you to set the temperature anywhere between 60 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit, which can allow you to create the right ambiance for your home.
In other cases, you’ll be able to adjust the amount of heat that’s generated by choosing a setting. The specific number of heat settings that you can choose from varies greatly from one fireplace to another, and some products simply have three settings to choose from (e.g. low, medium, and high).
3. You Can Adjust The Flame Effect
You’ll be able to adjust the size of the flames in your electric fireplace, which will allow you to set the right tone for your room. We offer an easy to use touchscreen control panel or use our iPhone app for convenience. Some products feature a knob that will allow you to set a specific height. However, others have numbered settings for the height of the simulated flame.
4. Some Electric Fireplaces Can Generate A Sound And Scent
Not only can electric fireplaces generate sound like a traditional wood fireplace, but they can also generate a scent. This will give your new electric fireplace an exceptionally authentic quality, and you’ll be able to enjoy the relaxing scent of a fireplace without a flame. MagikFlame offers crackling log sound and pine scent atomizers for an add-on experience.
As time goes on, this technology is likely to become increasingly sophisticated. This will allow you to have an even more realistic fireplace experience without the inherent drawbacks associated with a real flame.
5. The Flame Can Be Fully 3D
If you get an electric fireplace, you will be able to get the various heights, widths, and depths of the flames. Although this can’t be controlled individually, a holographic flame technology should deliver various types of flames such as campfire or gas. This will allow you to have an incredibly realistic fireplace experience. As time goes on, they’re likely to become even more realistic depending upon the number of flames in the selection.
How To Choose The Right Electric Fireplace
If you are getting an electric fireplace, you’re probably wondering how to pick the right one for your home. Luckily, you can count on us to offer the right product for your house. Here’s what you need to know about our exceptional electric fireplaces:
1. Our Fireplace Offers Crackling Sounds
If you’re looking for a fireplace that will make authentic sounds, ours is likely to be perfect for your needs. Our unique fireplace is designed to make popping and crackling sounds, which will sound just like a real flame.
2. Our Fireplace Offers 5,200 BTUs
If you’re looking for a powerful electric fireplace, ours is likely to be perfect for your home. We offer a product that generates a massive amount of output, which can help to increase the temperature in your entire home.
How Many BTUs Do Most Other Electric Fireplaces Offer?
The specific rating of each electric fireplace varies, but very few products come even close to 5,200. Most of them only generate a few thousand BTUs. However, it varies as some of them produce 4,000 to 5,000. It’s quite rare to find an electric fireplace of any size that is able to generate more than 5,000.
What Else Generates This Much Heat?
While there are few space heaters that generate this much heat, many wood and gas fireplaces do generate similar amounts of heat. Therefore, our products are comparable to a conventional fireplace, and they will only generate the water vapor and require minimal venting.
What Is A BTU?
It stands for British Thermal Unit (BTU), and it’s used to measure the ability of a heater to increase the temperature of a room. Specifically, it is the amount of energy that’s needed to raise the temperature of a pound of water one degree. While it is typically used to measure the amount of energy that heaters generate, it can also be used to measure the amount of energy that’s generated by a refrigerator or air conditioner.
One British Thermal Unit is equivalent to slightly less than a third of a watt. Therefore, our electric fireplace requires approximately 1,500 watts. However, the specific amount of electricity that is required will depend on the heat setting that you choose.
3. There Are 30 Different Ultra-Realistic Flames That You Can Choose From
Not only do each of the flames that we offer have a unique appearance, but they also come with different sounds. Here are the flame options that our fireplace offers and what you need to know about them:
- Our 30 flame options simulate natural gas and propane flames, wood fires, brush fires, and campfires.
- Not only do our flame options appear quite realistic, but we even offer a simulated bed of embers.
- You can choose from a wide range of flame colors, which incorporate reds, yellows, oranges, and even blues.
- Infrared quartz is used to make the flames look more like a traditional fireplace.
4. We Offer Financing To Our Customers
One thing that sets us apart from other electric fireplace vendors is the fact that we offer interest-free financing. Learn more about our Buy Now, Pay Later payment plans. Here’s what makes our financing unique:
- We offer financing to customers that want to pay over time.
- Applying for our financing is exceptionally easy. Call us if you need additional support.
You Can Change The Flames With A Backlit Touchscreen
One unique feature of our products is the fact that you can change the flame settings with a backlit touchscreen. This makes it easy to adjust your electric fireplace when the lighting is dimmed in a room.
You Can Connect The Fireplace To Your Phone
You can connect your fireplace to an iOS phone, which can allow you to control the flame settings from any room in your house. Not only that, but you can adjust the heat settings remotely. In fact, you will be able to adjust the flame and heat settings more easily than you can change the channel of your TV with a remote.
5. We Offer Incentives To Our Customers
There are times when we offer time-limited deals to our customers, such as providing $50 or more off on our products. This can be a great way to save money on our products, and it’s important to keep your ear to the ground about the latest deals that we offer. Here are some examples of the deals that we have offered in the past:
- We offer free technical support for a period of time after you buy one of our products.
- If you need to get your fireplace replaced during the promised period of time, we will be available to discuss the concerns.
- The 1-year warranty is included with your purchase and does not cost extra.
6. Our Products Come With A Warranty
Another reason to choose our products is that they come with a 1-year warranty, which ensures that the cost of repairs will be covered if your fireplace malfunctions during the period of protection.
7. The Fireplace Will Update Itself Automatically
One thing that sets our fireplace apart is the fact it updates automatically. This helps to ensure that it functions at an optimal level all the time. Here are some things that will change from one update to the next:
- The appearance and sound of the flames will be updated over time.
- You’ll be able to delay updates if necessary, which will ensure that your fireplace continues to work continuously.
- Our customer service employees will be able to keep you up to date on what will change in the next update.
8. Can The Fireplace Be Connected To IoT Technology?
At the moment, it’s not possible to connect the fireplace to IoT technology, such as Alexa or Google Home. Here are a few examples of devices that you can connect our fireplaces to:
- iPhone Devices: You can connect your smartphone to a new fireplace through our app, which will allow you to control the fireplace remotely with ease.
9. We Offer Many Different Styles To Choose From
We offer multiple colors, styles, and types of electric fireplaces that you can choose from. Here are a few examples of the options that we offer our customers:
- White Electric Fireplaces: These products fit perfectly with a modern style, but they can also be an excellent fit for some traditional-style homes.
- Alpine White Fireplaces: You’ll be able to choose any paint color for your new fireplace, which will allow you to get the right look for your living room, den, or wherever you are putting your unit
- Espresso or Dark Fireplaces: You can choose from a couple of dark wood designs for your home. As a homeowner, this gives you plenty of options if you’re trying to create a modern and trendy style.
We Offer Many Different Color Schemes To Choose From
We offer various white electric fireplaces that you can paint for the ideal color pallet and design. This can allow you to choose a tone that matches the style you’ve chosen for the rest of your room. Here’s what you need to know about some of the styles of fireplaces that we offer:
- The Morpheus: This design is perfect for small apartments and traditional-style homes, which have a small number of square feet. Ideal for NYC, Chicago, San Francisco-type spaces.
- The Churchill: This sleek corner design is designed with a wide range of homes and apartments in mind, and it can be perfect if your home has a large number of square feet.
We Offer Different Sizes To Choose From
We offer electric fireplaces of different sizes, which will allow you to get one that’s the perfect intensity for a room with the number of square feet that you have. Not only will this allow you to give your den the right style, but it’ll also ensure that you select an electric fireplace that generates enough heat.
We Offer Multiple Designs That You Can Choose From
Not only that, but all of them will create a stylish, modern look for your home. You can browse the selection on our website to pick out the right product for your needs, which can ensure that you are able to enjoy your new fireplace and realistic flames for many years to come.
Our Wooden Models
Unlike conventional fireplaces, some of the models that we offer use a faux wood exterior. There are several different colors of simulated wood that we offer. So, you’ll be able to find a simulated wood model that fits perfectly with your room.
Our Painted Metallic Models
You’ll be able to choose from dark-colored (e.g. black, dark brown, and dark gray) models, and they’re also are light-colored painted products available (e.g. white, light gray, and other light-colored hues). This will make it easy to find a product that pairs perfectly with the colors in your room.
10. Our Logs Look Extremely Realistic
If you choose a conventional fireplace, you will need to either use wood or Duralogs, which will create a recurring expense every time you use your fireplace. However, if you choose an electric fireplace, all that you’ll need to do is turn it on to see realistic flames.
11. New Options Will Be Offered In The Future
You can keep up to date on the new options that we offer by checking our website and subscribing to our newsletter for updates. As time goes on, we will offer new fireplace styles and new flame options for homeowners. Here are some ways that you can expect our brand to improve:
- We continue to offer increasingly realistic simulated flames, which will greatly improve the overall fireplace experience that our products offer.
- We offer a nice selection of heat settings to choose from, and this will make it easier to set an ideal temperature for your room.
- The remote control is for the initial setup only, then it’s all about the iOS app or touchscreen panel on the firebox.
- As time goes on, we’re likely to offer new options in terms of the flame and simulated log set options that are available.
12. How Much Do Our Fireplaces Cost?
The cost will vary depending on the specific product that you choose, but it’s typically a luxury bracket price. Also, it’s important to know that you can get your fireplace for less than usual if you sign up to receive a promo code.
It will be possible to pay for your fireplace over 6, 12, or 24 months. In most cases, through our financing provider, the cost can be a low monthly payment. Furthermore, you’ll know if you qualify for this financing in a matter of seconds, and it’s possible to apply online.
Are Our Fireplaces More Or Less Expensive Than A Conventional Wood Burning Fireplace?
In general, MagikFlame fireplaces are comparable to conventional wood-burning fireplaces in terms of cost and realism — keeping in mind this is a “fake fireplace”.
How Does The Price Compare To A Gas Fireplace?
The price of a gas fireplace is typically more than a MagikFlame fireplace. The installation and maintenance are where the heavy investment usually is incurred. However, you will not have to pay for natural gas or propane if you use an electric fireplace, which can potentially reduce the expense associated with the product. MagikFlame is also a “plug and play” product.
13. Does MagikFlame Offer Customer Service?
If you have any questions about your MagikFlame product, you can give the company a call. Our VIP customer support line is a toll-free number, and you’ll be able to quickly get answers to any questions that you have about our fireplaces.
Get Your MagikFlame Electric Fireplace Today
If you’re looking for a way to add a touch of coziness to your den, order soon and get an exceptionally low discounted rate! So, check out our selection today.