There is no beating the beautiful ambiance of a fireplace in your living room. Many people are switching to electric fireplaces to accomplish this because of all of their amazing benefits over traditional fireplaces. However, what if you have limited space? Whether you want to install a fireplace in a small room of your house, or if you live in an apartment or condo, finding adequate room for a fireplace can be tricky. This is especially true if you need room for a large TV and other furniture. Putting too many things in a room can limit your accessibility and make things feel very cramped.
Luckily, there are several different options that you can possibly go with if this is the situation that you are finding yourself in. Whether you end up getting a fireplace that is built into an entertainment center so people can put TVs up on them or you end up going with another option due to the limited square feet of your home, this guide is going to help answer any questions you may have along the way.
Here Is What You Are Going To Learn In The Post That Follows:
- What Kinds of Electric Fireplaces Are There? – When looking for different electric fireplace options, it can be quite overwhelming. Luckily, this section of the post is going to detail those different types so you can understand what situations each are for, and which one you might need depending on your specific situation.
- Is There Such Thing As a Corner Fireplace TV Stand? – This part of the guide will talk about a little more rare type of electrical fireplace: a fireplace TV stand that is shaped to fit in the corner. Here we will go over a couple of options for you if you are looking for a fireplace to put TVs up on.
- What Different Kinds of Styles and Trends of Corner Fireplace TV Stand Are There? – If you think that a fireplace TV stand for the corner is right for you, this section will go over many of the trends of materials, styles, and features for a corner style fireplace TV console.
- Are There Other Ways To Save Space Other Than a Corner Electric Fireplace TV Stand? – Getting a TV stand console fireplace in the corner isn’t the only way for you to save space in your home. In this section we will go over some other space saving options where you can still have both an electrical fireplace and a place for you to put your flat screen TV.
- What Brands of Corner Fireplace TV Stand Are Worth Getting? – Getting a high-grade fireplace really comes down to which brand you end up choosing. Without a good brand you will be disappointed with your fireplace experience. From Southern Enterprises, Walker Edison, Ameriwood, Highboy, and more, we will cover some different brands and help point you in the right direction.
- Which Electric Fireplace Has The Most Realistic Flame Effect Technology? – When considering electric fireplaces, even TV stand version for the corner, it is important to think about the quality of the flame effects involved in the unit. In this final section of the article we are going to talk about the most realistic electrical fireplace you can possibly get.
What Kinds of Electric Fireplaces Are There?
There are quite a few different types of electric fireplaces on the market. While you might be looking specifically at corner fireplaces, it is important to understand what other options there are. Here are those options:
- Electric Fireplace Mantel Package For Flat Wall – For people who want the most common, standard type of fireplace experience, they would usually get one of these wall types packages. These are essentially an electrical fireplace with the mantle that comes with it. It usually won’t come as a solid unit, but in two disconnected pieces. This is because companies like to give customers many different mantle options to choose from when buying one of their electrical fireplaces. While compact versions of these exist, most models are quite large and will take up a significant amount of wall space that may be needed for other things.
- Corner Fireplace – These are types that are very similar to the flat wall mantle packages talked about above. Of course these have the very fundamental difference that they are shaped in a way that they fit perfectly into the corner of a room. Usually this has the great benefit of saving space as having one tucked into a corner that would otherwise be unused leaves more space along a flat wall for a TV. Even if you don’t need one for saving space, there are some rooms within homes that have a layout that is a bit more peculiar or asymmetrical where having the fireplace in the corner as a focal point just makes a lot more sense from an aesthetic point of view.
- Electric Fireplace TV Stand – An electric fireplace TV stand is when you take a standard TV stand unit and have a fireplace that is built into it. These are usually large, rectangular units that are placed against a flat wall. The size of the TV you can place on them will be dependent on the size of the unit that you get. Many times, these units will have some additional space in them like cubby holes, shelves, and cabinets. These units come in a wide variety of styles and shapes.
- Wall Mount Electric Fireplace – Some people choose to hang their fireplace up on the wall instead of having it on the ground like a standard mantle unit. Using included mounting brackets, you can secure one of these fireplaces to the studs in the wall that you hang it on, regardless of the heavy weight of the electrical fireplace. On top of hanging these, you can also install these as in a recessed wall for even more space saving. This can be partially or fully recessed. Keep in mind that even though installing it in a recessed wall, this only saves space in the sense of floor space for walking for the most part. While you can put something short below it, you wouldn’t want to actually place anything in front of these as it will defeat the entire purpose of them.
- Freestanding Electric Fireplace – Some electrical fireplaces come as a freestanding style unit. This means that it is basically a portable space heater that has been done up aesthetically to look like a fireplace and may include some basic flame effects. Here is the major issue with these: when you combine visual effects and a heating device into such a small space, it tends to do bad at both of the different jobs. If you were to buy a stand alone electrical fireplace like many of the ones listed above, you are going to get a larger heater and much better visual effect capability. If you still need something that can help meet any of your portable heating needs, you are better off buying a portable space heater as a secondary advice for special occasions. Don’t buy one of these space heating fireplaces as your main fireplace. You will definitely be disappointed with your purchase.
- Electric Fireplace Stove – For places like cabins or some other extremely rustic style dwellings, you might find a wood stove. Those are those metal units that usually sit in the room, somewhat off of the wall, with a ventilation pipe going to the room. When wood is burned inside of the stove, the entire stove radiates a massive amount of heat to keep the place warm and the top of the stove can be used for some basic cooking. an electrical fireplace stove is simply one that mimics this style of wood stove, but electrically. These aren’t too common because they tend to look tacky in modern homes, and any place where it might look decent is the kind of place that might actually benefit from the wood version. In fact, many of those places don’t even have electricity available to them, which means one of these units wouldn’t even work there.
- Electric Fireplace Insert – These electrical fireplace inserts are fireplace units without any kind of mantle or other housing. Instead, it is just the bare bones fireplace unit that runs on electricity. These are then inserted into the opening of a traditional open hearth wood fireplace so that you can convert it into an electrical fireplace that is much safer and has tons of other benefits. If you already have a wood fireplace but don’t use it and want an electrical fireplace, this is a great choice. This way you won’t have an unused fireplace sitting in your home and you can get the most out of the hearth housing that is already present in the room. On top of using these to convert old fireplaces into electric ones, they can also be used if you want to build your own mantle around it or if you are choosing to order a mantle from a third party company other than the manufacturer of your fireplace. If you do either of these things, be sure to check that the insert dimensions match the fireplace or mantle dimensions of where it is being installed.
Is There Such Thing As a Corner Fireplace TV Stand?
Yes, there absolutely are corner fireplaces that can also double as TV stands. Of course, these are a little more rare compared to the more common wall mantle types or the more traditional rectangular media consoles that double as fireplaces. That being said, if you want one that goes in the corner, there are essentially two different types. You can get one that has all of the shelves and cabinets and other extras you would usually associate with TV stands. Or, you can get one that doesn’t have any of these extras and mostly just focuses on the fireplace.
While having those shelves and other space can seem important, keep in mind that this leaves less room for the fireplace, which means that the fireplace used will usually be weaker and have worse flame effects. However, if you get a standard corner unit without the shelving, a more powerful heater and better visual effects will likely be present.
These days, so many people have switched completely to streaming services with most apps being built directly into the TV, you really don’t even need all of that extra space. By choosing an electric fireplace for the corner to put your TV on that doesn’t have all of the extra shelves and such, you get a much cleaner, more modern look, with more space for a quality fireplace inside of it.
What Different Kinds of Styles and Trends of Corner Fireplace TV Stand Are There?
When it comes to fireplace TV stands, there are basically three things you need to be on the lookout for when it comes to trends:
- Material and Style
- Console Features
- Visual Flame Technology
For materials and style, you basically just need to match the fireplace you end up picking with that of the home decor style you already have. Matching materials, colors, shapes, and lines will all be useful. For instance, if you wanted to go with a modern farmhouse style, you can choose something with barnwood that looks like it was repurposed from a barn door, or even an MDF fireplace with a grey wash to push those modern colors even further. If you wanted something more on the dark side, you can go with dark walnut or even espresso. You can also go with a traditional brown one, however if you really wanted something different, yet still rustic, you can try faux stone. For one of the cleanest and most beautiful modern looks, stick with a white oak wood fireplace. Whatever you do, avoid laminate completely. Laminate will look good at first, but will chip and bend at the corners within a year or two. It isn’t worth the cheaper price.
For console features, there are tons to choose from just like any kind of TV console. You can have a full on media cabinet on the sides with plenty of storage space. The cabinets can have glass doors to see inside, but keep in mind this can be too much if you also have a glass door fireplace. In that case you can stick to wood doors. Or, you can forgo doors and cabinetry completely and stick to a lot of shelving. Open shelves allow for a much better cable management system when it comes to your media players and video game consoles. On top of these kinds of features, make sure the fireplace also comes with a remote control of some kind. A remote control allows you to easily set the thermostat to your preferred temperature. Afterwards you don’t even have to think about it because electric fireplaces adjust the heat automatically to stay at your temperature setting.
For the flame effects, this will mostly come down to which brand you choose to go with. There are many cheap types of visual fire effects out there, so be careful. You should definitely invest in a high end fireplace that is more on the luxury side if you want something incredibly realistic. It’s not just the effect itself, but the firebox as well. High end fireplaces will have their effects shown on physical driftwood log sets with ember beds below them.
Are There Other Ways To Save Space Other Than a Corner Electric Fireplace TV Stand?
If you don’t want to use a corner style fireplace as your media console as well, there is another example of how you can have your fireplace and still save space. You can order a standard wall mantle unit of electrical fireplace and then mount your TV above it. Electrical fireplaces don’t have any issues with TVs being mounted above them like wood fireplaces because there is no smoke to cause damage and all heat is gently blown into the room instead of rising directly up. If you want a standard fireplace instead of a corner unit, consider this as an option.
What Brands of Corner Fireplace TV Stand Are Worth Getting?
If you have settled on the idea of getting a corner type fireplace that doubles as something to put TVs up on, it is important to avoid incredibly bad generic brands, and instead stick to the more popular, higher quality electrical fireplace brand names. Of course, different brands tend to specialize in different features, different styles, and most importantly, different technologies used inside for any of their flame effects. Some use basic LED flames, and some try to get a bit more realistic.
If you are considering a fireplace for the corner that doubles as a media console, brands like Walker Edison, Ameriwood, Southern Enterprises, and Highboy are all decent choices. However, keep in mind that their visual flame technology is limited since none of them use ultra-realistic holographic technology. For something like this, you will want to go with a fireplace like MagikFlame.
Which Electric Fireplace Has The Most Realistic Flame Effect Technology?
Whether you want a fireplace for a corner that you can put your TV on or you want another type of electrical fireplace, MagikFlame is easily the best choice out there when it comes to realism. MagikFlame has three main points that people love them:
- Cycle between 30 super realistic holographically projected flickering flames.
- Enjoy realistic crackling log sounds that add to the immersion.
- Heat up to 1,000 sq. ft. with a powerful 5,200 BTU infrared heater inside.
If what you are hearing about MagikFlame is interesting you, check some of the following pages out for more information:
- MagikFlame Story – To understand more about the company and how they started.
- MagikFlame Reviews – In depth customer testimonials.
- How MagikFlame Is Built – Exactly how these incredible fireplaces are put together.
- Payment Plans and Financing – Easy options to get a high end fireplace now.
- MagikFlame Electric Fireplace Buying Guides – One of the most informative buying guides when it comes to everything you need to know about electric fireplaces.
- Warranty – The full warranty included with each unit speaks volumes about their quality.