One of the most popular home improvement projects has always been the installation of a fireplace. Its inviting nature and visual impact offer a lot to a home. Of course, whenever people are deciding to install one inside of their residence, it is important to find plenty of great inspiring reference photos. While there are countless images out there of fireplaces in people’s homes, there is an often-overlooked source of inspiration: restaurants with fireplaces inside of them.
Restaurants go above and beyond to create a relaxing and inviting atmosphere for people to enjoy. Many of these restaurants have hired world-class interior designers to add a beautiful functioning fireplace to their dining area. By using these fireplaces as inspiration, you can come up with some incredible design ideas for your home. Let’s see what restaurants with fireplaces inside of them have to offer.
Inside This Post, You’ll Learn:
- Why Should You Consider Fireplace Restaurant Inspiration For Your Home Decor Choices? – Whether it is an American restaurant that serves prime rib or an Italian restaurant that serves chicken parmigiana, if they have a fireplace, you should take note. This section is all about why you need to pay attention to their design choices.
- What Are Some Great Fireplace Restaurant Inspirational Cues You Can Repurpose For The Interior Design of Your Home? – This is where we explore a few different fireplace ideas found in restaurants to inspire your next home fireplace project.
- Where Are Some Other Places That You Can Find Inspiring Photos For Your Fireplace Project? – Beyond the images we’ve shown, there are many sources you can look for inspiration. We cover those sources here.
- When Choosing The Fireplace For Your New Home or Remodel, Are Wood Fireplaces and Gas Fireplaces a Bad Idea? – Why you should stay away from traditional fuel sources for your next fireplaces.
- Why Are Electric Fireplaces The Smartest Decisions For a Home Fireplace? – We explain why electricity is the kind of fuel you should be focused on.
- Which Types of Electric Fireplaces Should Homeowners Choose For Their Residence? – There are many body types available for electric fireplaces and we explore the most common ones.
- Can Generic Electric Fireplaces Heat a Home as Well as Brand Name Electric Fireplaces? – We compare cheaper generic fireplaces with high-end luxury models.
- If You Already Have a Wood-Burning Fireplace, How Do You Install an Electric Fireplace? – Don’t let your old fireplace go to waste. We explain how to properly repurpose it.
- Can Electric Fireplace Inserts Be Used Even If You Don’t Already Have a Wood-Burning Fireplace? – Here we cover a few ideas using versatile inserts.
- Does The MagikFlame 28 Insert Have All of The Great Features That Other MagikFlame Models Have? – This section highlights everything great about MagikFlame inserts.
Why Should You Consider Fireplace Restaurant Inspiration For Your Home Decor Choices?
The main reason that you should keep your eye on fireplace designs in restaurants is that restaurants simply spend so much money for all of their interior decorating. They hire some of the top people in the business to design their dining spaces to maximize the atmosphere and ambiance. By looking to them for inspiration, you are ensuring that you are incorporating the best designs that money can buy into your own fireplace space.
It doesn’t just stop at their fireplace either. You can easily see what kind of furniture they use, wall colors, accessories, and even lighting. All of these elements are picked to match with their restaurant fireplace.
What Are Some Great Fireplace Restaurant Inspirational Cues You Can Repurpose For The Interior Design of Your Home?
All of the fireplace restaurant inspiration below is just a starting point. If you have a specific decorating style for your home, you may even be able to find more inspiring images that are right for you. The next section will help you learn how to find the perfect inspiring images if any of these images of a fireplace in restaurant decor aren’t right for you.
1: Rustic Wall Fireplace
With this floor-to-ceiling fireplace wall, there is a great little seating area for people to be cozy by the fire while waiting for a table or their takeout order. It’s even a perfect little place to order some appetizers like French fries with cheese sauce, mozzarella cheese sticks, or even some ice cream. While the rustic fireplace atmosphere is great for some classic American entrees like breaded Cajun or grilled chicken, prime rib with a baked potato and cole slaw, or a juicy Angus burger smothered in hickory BBQ sauce, you’d need an additional table put in to eat them easily. Notice how the fireplace itself is offset from the wall to become a more prominent piece for the room.
2: Cobblestone Fireplace Wall
This is another rustic fireplace style that is perfect for your favorite dish. Whether you’d like breaded boneless chicken breast, chicken salad, filet mignon, a roast beef sandwich with au jus, a Philly cheesesteak, a ribeye with red sauce, or a side of sweet potato French fries, this fireplace adds so much atmosphere when enjoying your meal. The cobblestone wall has a fireplace unit that is exposed on either side of the wall. This allows for it to easily warm two sides of the room while giving it a unique aesthetic.
3: Linear Wall Fireplace
This linear wall fireplace is a perfect dividing feature that can separate a dining space from a full bar or even section off the grille from the rest of the restaurant. Next to the warm glow of the linear fireplace, you can enjoy entrees like a New York sirloin with a baked potato slathered with cheese sauce, a Cajun fish filet with a clam side dish, or a healthy chicken salad. Notice how this longer fireplace features the same see-through fireplace element as the previous fireplace example. In addition, the coloring of the walls pairs nicely with the warm flame colors of the fireplace.
4. Grand Stone Fireplace
This grand stone fireplace design inside of this restaurant is hard to miss. Something like this would easily be the biggest focal point of the room and instantly catch the eye of anyone who enters. A large fireplace design like it would be best for a king’s feast rather than a simple brunch.
5. Central Room Fireplace
For something that would be good with brunch, check out this beautiful cast iron fireplace that is designed to sit in the middle of the room rather than being a part of a wall. A fireplace like this requires a large room so that people can still walk around freely. However, this is the perfect design if you want to combine both rustic and elegant design styles.
Where Are Some Other Places That You Can Find Inspiring Photos For Your Fireplace Project?
While there are some great ideas in the section above that you can use as a foundation for several fireplace ideas, it doesn’t stop there. You should collect as many inspiring images as you can to make sure you have a space that you truly love.
There are quite a few great resources online. One of the first is simply doing a Google search for the design style that you prefer. If you already know you want a minimalist style in your home, then search for “minimalist fireplace ideas.” Switch out the word minimalist for any other style you want to find inspiring photos for as well. Don’t hesitate to check out additional styles beyond the first thing that you like. You might find additional ideas that can still be incorporated into your living room.
Beyond Google images, try places like Pinterest and Instagram. Both of these social media websites have tons of beautiful images based on any topic that you search for.
To take your inspiration to the next level, you can watch fireplace installation and remodeling videos on YouTube. There is no shortage of tutorials, walkthroughs, and before and after shots. You will feel thoroughly inspired after watching a few of these types of videos.
When Choosing The Fireplace For Your New Home or Remodel, Are Wood Fireplaces and Gas Fireplaces a Bad Idea?
The times are gone of having wood fireplaces in your home. They are too dangerous. This is especially true if you have children around your home. This goes for small pets as well. The fire hazard simply isn’t worth the risks and hassle of using wood fireplaces. This also includes things like breathing hazards from the smoke that is released. Carbon monoxide poisoning is also a cause for concern. To build a new one onto your home, you’d have to first consult with an expensive architect. After that, a home builder would have to tear down a section of your home to put your new fireplace in.
Gas fireplaces have a few advantages over wood fireplaces, but they still share many of the same disadvantages. They are also a fire hazard. Carbon monoxide is still an issue. They are a hassle to maintain. In addition, they don’t look very good. The flames either have dull colors or strange neon colors depending on the gas that you use. The flames also look like boring streams rather than a roaring fire.
Why Are Electric Fireplaces The Smartest Decisions For a Home Fireplace?
Electric fireplaces are the superior choice because they don’t suffer from any of the disadvantages that those other fireplaces suffer from. There are no actual flames in electric fireplaces, therefore that additional fire hazard isn’t something to worry about. This fact also means that they don’t cause any type of breathing issues either. If you have kids and pets around the house, you can be happy knowing how safe your fireplace is. They aren’t going to run into a hot fireplace screen or have an ember spark on them when they are nearby.
Not only are electric fireplaces safer and less of a hassle, but they are more heat efficient. All of the heat that electric fireplaces generate for your home is used to keep your home warm. With those other fireplace types, expect a lot of the heat to rise and leave out of your chimney.
Electric fireplaces have the advantage of being incredibly simple to install. Unless you want to embed them in a wall or hang them, installation only involves placing them on your floor and plugging your fireplace into the wall. Their easy installation also makes them ideal for installing in other spots around your home. Place it in the dining room to be like a restaurant. Put one in your home office to relax you while you work. Install one in your bedroom to keep you warm while you dream.
Which Types of Electric Fireplaces Should Homeowners Choose For Their Residence?
There isn’t one single type that is best for you. However, some have more advantages than others. Here are the common types:
- Mantel Package – A traditional-looking fireplace that goes against the wall. Perfect if you want a classic fireplace experience.
- Corner Fireplace – Corner fireplaces are just as good as standard mantel packages but designed to slide into the corner for a unique focal point.
- TV Stand Fireplace – Some TV stands can have fireplaces installed inside of them. These help increase available floor space in your home. However, be careful. Sometimes the fireplaces inside can be weaker than their standalone counterparts.
- Wall Mount Fireplace – Hang these fireplaces up on the wall or embed them inside of it for a modern take on fireplace design.
- Electric Insert – These units don’t have mantels so they can be used in a variety of scenarios.
- Freestanding Heater – Ignore these small portable devices. They heat poorly and don’t look as good as standard models.
- Electric Stove – These unique rustic models are made for people that enjoy a classic rural wood fireplace aesthetic.
Can Generic Electric Fireplaces Heat a Home as Well as Brand Name Electric Fireplaces?
Generic fireplaces can’t heat as well as high-end brand-name fireplaces. That isn’t even the worst part. They lack energy efficiency. This means that the little heat these devices put out requires a lot more electricity when compared with premium models. They also tend to break quicker, requiring them to be repaired or replaced. Investing your hard-earned money into a quality brand-name fireplace from the beginning will save you some money in the long run. Your electric bill will be lower and it isn’t going to need repairs shortly after buying it.
If You Already Have a Wood-Burning Fireplace, How Do You Install an Electric Fireplace?
You don’t want to waste that fireplace you already have in your home. Luckily, you don’t have to. With a versatile fireplace insert, you can slide it directly into the opening of your existing traditional fireplace. Now you can enjoy the old fireplace more safely and efficiently. However, before purchasing an insert, measure the inner wall of your fireplace opening and check it against the dimensions of the insert that you’d like to use. If the insert is slightly smaller, that’s fine. If the insert is a little too big, some additional work will need to be done to make the opening larger.
Can Fireplace Inserts Be Used Even If You Don’t Already Have a Wood-Burning Fireplace?
Yes, inserts are versatile units. They are great if you have your eye on a third-party mantel and need a quality fireplace to use with it. They are also great for those adventurous enough to build a custom mantel as an exciting DIY project.
Does The MagikFlame 28 Insert Have All of The Great Features That Other MagikFlame Models Have?
Other than the lack of a mantel, the MagikFlame 28 Insert has all of these same features that all other MagikFlame fireplaces have:
- Ultrarealistic 3D Hologram Fire Effects
- Ambient Crackling Log Sounds
- A Powerful 5,200 BTUs of Heat
- An Incredibly Useful Smartphone App