If you’re considering an electric fireplace, you probably are wondering how difficult the setup process is. Luckily, most electric fireplaces can be set up fairly easily. Though, the specific answer to the question of, “How to assemble electric fireplace?” varies significantly from one product to another.
Luckily, you can count on anything that MagikFlame offers to be quite easy to set up, and almost any electric powered fireplace will be easier to set up than a conventional or gas fireplace. That’s because you will not need to install a flue, vent, or connection to the chimney. There will be no emissions whatsoever, which makes setting them up far easier.
In fact, all of our products come with a very easy to understand instruction manual, which you’ll be able to follow even if you are not experienced with workmanship around the house. Luckily, this MagikFlame electric fireplace buying guide will give you a good idea of what to expect if you’re wondering, “How to assemble electric fireplace?”.
In this post, you will learn:
- How realistic the flame effect of electric fireplaces are
- How to install the electric fireplace insert
- Why a fireplace with an electric fireplace insert is easier to install than a gas fireplace or one that burns wood
- Why MagikFlame is the best retailer to pick
- How to ensure that your fireplace meets local codes
- The advantages of an electric powered fireplace over a gas fireplace or any other common type of fireplace
- Why setting up an electric powered fireplace heater greatly reduces the hassle
- How to create a proper receptacle in the wall for your new fireplace that’s set into the wall
- How to design a family room for your new fireplace that meets electrical code and ensures that combustible materials do not make contact with the insert
- Whether or not it’s possible to use your fireplace in direct sunlight with an extension cord
- How to clean your new fireplace with a clean cloth
- The differences between fireplaces with a blower and those without one
- Whether you will need a phillips head screwdriver or a flathead one when you’re installing your new firebox
- What you can expect when you browse our flame gallery
- The MagikFlame story
- What you can expect from our payment plans and financing
- How MagikFlame is built
- Whether or not you’ll need a 120 volt adapter
- Whether or not our products use more amps than other electric powered fireplaces on the market and how this impacts the assembly instruction manual
- The type of washer that you’ll need
- The importance of paying close attention to the assembly instruction manual
What Should You Do When You First Get Your New Fireplace?
After you first get your fireplace, it’s important to make sure that it will fit with the hearth or indent in your wall. If it is not the right fit, you may be best served to return it, and exchange it with a new product. Also, make sure that you have both a phillips head and flat head screwdriver for the setup process. Also, you’ll need to follow these steps:
1. Take The Fireplace Out Of The Box
After you have everything in the room set up for your new fireplace, the next step is to take it out of the box. While this certainly sounds straightforward, it’s important to organize all of the components of your new fireplace before you begin the setup process. Here’s what you need to know in order to organize the parts:
- Place the electrical cords and other parts that are related to the power supply in a pile of their own.
- Ensure that you have every type of washer that you’ll need. If you don’t, look into the specific type of washer that’s needed and find it in a local hardware store. Keep in mind that the specific type of washers that you’ll need varies from one product to another.
- Make sure that you put the fireplace insert and other parts that are essential for the display in a separate pile as well.
- Ensure that you separate any replacement parts from the ones that are needed for the initial setup process.
- Make sure that the area where you’ll be working is clean, which will help to ensure that you stay organized during the setup process.
- Separate the side panel from the front panel, if you need to install them.
2. Prepare The Wiring In Your Room For The Installation Process
In order to install your new fireplace, you’ll need to make sure that the wiring of your home is properly set up before you install the side panel or do anything else. If you need any help setting up the wiring in your home for the new fireplace, you can call an electrician for assistance. However, you also may want to consider getting in touch with the manufacturer’s customer support line.
If you choose a MagikFlame fireplace, you can count on our representatives to provide you with accurate, up to date information on all of our products. Furthermore, it is easy to reach us via phone, email, or online chat. So, reach out if you have any specific questions.
In general, there are several tips that homeowners will need to follow to prepare their electrical system for the new fireplace. Here are a few of the most important steps to take:
- Determine if the number of volts whether or not your home’s electrical system uses will be compatible with your new fireplace. If it isn’t, you’ll need to use an adapter to convert the voltage.
- Make sure that you will be able to properly connect the wires of your electrical system with the wiring of the new fireplace. If you will have to splice wires, make sure that you have the proper equipment to do it. Get a pair of pliers that will allow you to successfully strip and splice together the electrical lines.
- Make sure that you always follow precautions when you’re working with electricity. Ensure that the entire area remains dry while you are working. Also, avoid any physical contact with the wires themselves.
- Take steps to ensure that the wiring does not short-circuit. If you have any concerns about this, it’s best to contact a skilled electrician to assist you.
3. Prepare The Wall For The Fireplace
Prior to installing your fireplace, you will need to ensure that the wall has been thoroughly prepped. If you will be mounting your new fireplace to it or are placing it in an indentation (e.g. creating a dimplex), you will need to prepare the wall for your new fireplace. Here are a few tips that you should keep in mind when you’re preparing the wall:
- While you are cutting into the wall, ensure that you take precautions to avoid accidentally cutting pipes or wires inside of the wall. If you accidentally cut a pipe, this could cause serious damage, lead to moisture in the walls, and prevent plumbing fixtures from working properly. Cutting a wire could result in loss of electric power and a potential fire hazard.
- Always know where the studs are placed, which will ensure that you do not make any alterations to the wall that compromise the structure of your home. Luckily, it’s possible to detect where the studs are placed with a specialized tool. This tool will allow you to scan the wall, check for studs, and know where to avoid cutting into the wall.
- If you are in doubt about creating an opening in any particular area of the wall, it’s often a good idea to get in touch with an architect or construction expert to help you determine where you can safely create an opening.
- If there is a side panel, it will be important to make sure that there’s enough room for it to open.
4. Begin Following The Assembly Instructions In The Manual
In order to properly set up your new fireplace, it’s essential to make sure that you follow the instruction manual to the letter. Not only will this ensure that it runs properly currently, but it will help to ensure that your new fireplace lasts for many years to come. It also will help to ensure that it’s as energy-efficient as possible. Here are the steps that you need to follow to set up most electric fireplaces:
- You’ll need to make sure that you read all the steps for assembling each component of the fireplace, including the inserts, heating element, digital screen, blower, and all other crucial parts. Ideally, you should read over the instructions a couple of times before you begin the setup. This will ensure that you don’t make mistakes, which will be difficult or impossible to correct later on.
- Make sure that you read the instructions on how to troubleshoot common problems that may arise during and shortly after the setup process. Every fireplace has unique aspects of its design, which can affect the nature of problems that may come up with it.
- Understand that the setup process varies significantly between different common types of electric fireplaces, such as dimplex products, wall mounted fireplaces, and freestanding designs.
What Are The Steps That You Will Typically Need To Follow?
If you are installing a new electric powered fireplace, there are several different important steps that you will need to follow. Here is the most common progression of steps that you’ll follow when you set up your new electric powered fireplace:
1. Check For Packaging That’s Located Inside Of The Fireplace
It’s important to check behind the glass doors of your new fireplace to make sure that there isn’t any packaging that you could miss. In some cases, you will find power cords, inserts or insert replacements, or other essential components of your new fireplace in there.
After you have checked all areas of the fireplace for additional parts, it’s important to make sure that you have all of them. If some of the parts are not found in the package, it’s important to contact us right away to get a replacement for your fireplace. Luckily, you can count on us to offer a replacement free of charge, which is because we offer a comprehensive warranty on all of our fireplaces. Also, you will be able to easily clean it with a soft cloth.
2. Remove The Plastic Packaging Materials
Make sure that you get all the plastic wrappers off of the components. Also, ensure that you remove the foam properly. This will ensure that you are able to get each part of the fireplace set up correctly, and it will also allow you to make sure that you have all of the parts that you’ll need to properly set up your new fireplace. Also, make sure that you separate the front panel from the rest of the product.
3. Know How To Assemble Electric Fireplace Bracket(s) For Mounting
In order to properly set up your electric fireplace, you will need to get the bracket(s) set up. This will be essential for any product that is mounted to the wall or set up as a dimplex fireplace, but it will not be necessary if you choose a free standing product.
Luckily, it will be easy to set up the mounting bracket(s) on the indentation in the wall (for dimplex products) or the flat surface of the wall (if you choose a simple wall mounted product). Follow the instruction manual to ensure that you perform this step properly for your unique product. The fireplace that you purchase will come with the proper mounting bracket for the product.
4. Place The Fireplace On The Brackets
After you put the mounting brackets on the wall, it will be essential to ensure that it is properly set on it, which the instruction manual will show you how to do correctly. Make sure that the fireplace itself is fully assembled before you complete this step, which will ensure that it’s ready to go when it’s mounted to the wall (or into the wall in the case of a dimplex product).
5. Know How To Assemble Electric Fireplace Remote Control
In order to use your new fireplace properly, it’s important to ensure that the remote control is properly set up. This means that you’ll need to familiarize yourself with what each button does. Not only that, but it’s also essential to properly set up the iOS app that comes with a MagikFlame device.
Furthermore, you’ll want to connect it to any voice assistants or other devices that you may use to control your fireplace. Also, if you want to control it from afar, you will need to ensure that your new fireplace is properly connected to the internet. This will allow you to control it with your laptop or smartphone while you are away from home.
6. Everything Else That You Need To Know About How To Assemble Electric Fireplace
Always make sure that you properly set up the electrical connection, which will prevent overheating. Also, this will ensure that you don’t find yourself with a fireplace in the wall that generates no heat. While you are setting up the electrical system, it’s important to take steps to prevent an electric shock.
Should You Keep The Box?
Yes! After you have set up your new fireplace, it’s important to keep the box. This is because you may need it if you decide to return the product. Also, the box offers you a way to put away your new fireplace during the summer, which won’t be a time that you need it.
Do You Always Need To Know How To Assemble Electric Fireplace?
While most large electric fireplaces that feature a high output do need to be assembled, this is not necessarily true when it comes to smaller products. In fact, many freestanding products and fireplace-style space heaters do not require any assembly at all. They can simply be plugged in and operated immediately after you take them out of the box. Here are some examples of products that you will not need to assemble when you take them out of the box:
- Fireplace Style Space Heaters That Are Designed For A Tabletop: These products typically have a very low BTU output, which is significantly less than even conventional space heaters. However, they can be perfect for heating a portion of a room where people have gathered.
- Space Heaters: If you choose a fireplace style space heater, there’s a very good chance that you will not need to assemble it, even if it is not small enough to fit on a tabletop. If it does require assembly, the process usually will be exceptionally simple.
Make Sure You Properly Set Up The Decor In Your Room
In order to create the right atmosphere in your home, it’s important to properly set up your home decor for the new fireplace. Choose furniture and decorations that match the fireplace’s color scheme, and ensure that your new fireplace is placed in the right room of your home. Luckily, we offer plenty of ways that you can get excellent ideas as a homeowner.
In fact, our photo idea gallery offers customers some of the best and most popular ways of decorating the room that you put your fireplace in. Here are a few tips that can help you decorate your room:
- Think about the arrangement of couches in the living room or den. Make sure that there’s plenty of space for people to walk around easily. Also, ensure that people can choose how far away from the fireplace they want to sit.
- It’s important to consider the lighting. While the simulated flames will provide some light, they will not provide enough light to fully light the room. Therefore, it’s best to have several lamps and overhead lights in the room as well. Ideally, it’s best to install lights that have a dimmer switch. This will make it easier to create the right atmosphere in the room.
- Consider the type of throw rug or fireplace mat that you choose. It’s best to choose products that will fit with your hearth, the wall color of the room, and other attributes of the room that you put your fireplace in.
Make Sure That You Properly Maintain And Test Your New Fireplace
In order to ensure that it works properly, it’s important to maintain and test it correctly. Test the electrical system on it, and ensure that it turns on and off properly. If you notice any issues with the fireplace’s on/off switch, make sure that you check the wiring that attaches your product to the home electrical system.
This will ensure that there are no electrical problems, which could increase your risk of a fire. However, this isn’t the only important thing to test. It’s also important to make sure that the settings work properly. Try out each of the 30 settings that we offer. Make sure that the flame looks the way it’s supposed to, and ensure that the crackling log sounds are exactly what they’re supposed to be.
If you have any questions about the settings or the fireplace’s connection to your electric system, give us a call. We have helped many homeowners solve the problems that they have had with our products. Luckily, our fireplaces usually function properly if you set them up the right way. Furthermore, any issues are likely to be quite simple to correct.
Not Only Do You Need To Know How To Assemble Electric Fireplace, But You Need To Know What To Do After The Setup
After you have completed the setup process, it’s important to make sure that you remain alert to any potential malfunctions. Be familiar with any of the issues that may come up with the specific product that you have. Read over the instruction manual as thoroughly as possible.
This will allow you to identify any problems that you may face before you have to deal with them. In addition, it’s important to familiarize yourself with the important parts of the system check process after setting up your fireplace:
- Accidentally leaving the fireplace on all night can result in an extremely high electric bill. Luckily, it is possible to put a stop to this problem by using an automatic on/off switch. This will ensure that the fireplace turns off on its own if it is on for a long period of time.
- If you find that the electronic mechanisms in an electric fireplace are not working right, it’s important to call the manufacturer right away. They will be able to guide you through the troubleshooting process.
- Visually inspect the entire electric fireplace shortly after you set it up. Take a close look at the buttons and the flames. Check to make sure that each of the buttons on the fireplace’s console works the way that it’s supposed to, and do the same thing when you’re using the remote.
- Try out the iOS app on our products, which will allow you to effectively control your new fireplace remotely. If you run into any problems, give customer support a call. You can do the same with any other electric fireplace manufacturer that offers an app.
What Should You Do After You’ve Thoroughly Tested The New Fireplace?
After you have thoroughly tested your new firebox, it’s important to make sure that you are familiar with some basic maintenance tips. You’ll need to keep a screwdriver and other common household tools on hand, which will allow you to repair our fireplaces or a wood-burning fireplace if necessary.
However, remember that you will always be able to contact the manufacturer for servicing, and we offer a warranty. Our warranty ensures that repairs that you need within a year after buying your new dimplex, wall mounted electric fireplace, or freestanding fireplace will be covered. Unfortunately, many manufacturers only offer a limited warranty, and many do not offer a warranty at all.
Can You Get A Good Fireplace From Amazon?
While there are many different electric fireplaces available on various e-commerce sites, they typically do not offer the same level of quality as MagikFlame. However, everyone’s personal preferences are different.
Is There Anything Unique About Setting Up A Fireplace From MagikFlame?
If you are looking for a fireplace that’s easy to set up, MagikFlame is one of the best brands to consider. While the process of setting up each model that we offer is somewhat different, there are some areas of common ground in the setup process of all of our products. One of them is the fact that the setup process is exceptionally unique, even if you compare our products to other electric powered fireplaces.
While there are no materials in the fireplace that can combust, as with any electric powered fireplace, it’s important to keep any flammable materials (e.g. drapes, clothes, rugs, etc.) away from the coils. Also, making proper electrical connections will ensure that your new fireplace meets building codes, but this is important for any electric powered fireplace.
It’s also important to note that you may need a 120 volt adapter to ensure that the current of your home is compatible with our products. In addition, you will need to know how to install the glass screen properly. It’s essential to never force the glass into place or put pressure on it, and avoid handling the monitor screen. These surfaces are delicate.
Use the latex gloves that will come with your new fireplace, which will prevent smudging of the glass. Then, get the two hex screws for this step and the bolts that go with them. After this, install the u-trim on the edge of the glass, and ensure that it is placed closer to the bottom than the top. Then, place the lock-in brackets over the trim, and always ensure that the holes are facing up.
After you do this, you can line up the holes that are on your brackets with the lip of the glass insert. Slide the brackets rather than attempting to force the glass. Then, you can use the hex screws and bolts to screw the glass into place. Furthermore, it’s important to know that there are no screws on the back of the fireplace. Also, only clean the glass surface with rubbing alcohol rather than glass cleaner.
Why Should You Choose A MagikFlame Fireplace?
If you get a MagikFlame electric fireplace, you can count on it to be one of the best products on the market that you can find. Not only is that because we use some of the most exceptional materials on the market, but it’s also because we make every effort to integrate the latest technology into our products.
We also offer low prices of around $3,495, and our financing can bring payments down to a mere $136.12 per month. Furthermore, we do not charge interest on our payment plans. Also, all of our products are built to the highest standards of quality and with the best materials, which is because we have been in the business for many years. Here’s what you need to know about the fireplaces that we offer:
We Offer Products That Are Extremely Easy To Set Up
If you’re looking for an electric fireplace that has an exceptionally easy setup process, we offer just what you need. Our products offer a highly detailed instruction manual, which is laid out in steps that are easy to follow. If you have any questions along the way, our customer service representatives will be more than happy to answer them for you. Here are a few more reasons why our products are exceptionally easy to set up:
- We offer a relatively small number of parts, which go together in a fashion that is largely intuitive. Furthermore, we separate the parts for each section of your fireplace very clearly, and they are clearly sorted in this manner. This makes it much easier to set it up.
- The instruction manual comes with easy to understand sections for each section of your new fireplace, which makes it far easier to understand.
We Offer 30 Different Flame Settings
All of the settings on our products allow you to see an exceptionally realistic simulated flame, which can appear similar to a campfire, brushfire, or gas flame. Furthermore, each of the settings comes with crackling log sounds, and this makes them far more realistic.
Also, the log sets that we offer look exceptionally real compared to what the competition offers. Here are a few things that each of the settings on our products offer our customers:
- Campfire-themed settings feature especially loud crackling log sounds, which will allow you to enjoy an extremely realistic fireplace experience. In some cases, the sounds of these simulated flames may be even louder than a genuine fire.
- The brush fire settings that we offer will allow you to enjoy an electric fireplace that features even more sounds than the campfire-themed settings. Not only do we offer a singular simulated brush fire setting, but we offer several of them that you can choose from. This will make it easier to create the right atmosphere in your home.
- What if you’re looking for a simulated flame that doesn’t include crackling sounds? We offer that too! In fact, we offer multiple settings that will offer you the smooth, crackle-free sound and appearance of a gas flame.
Can You Use Them Outside?
It is not advisable to use any of our products outdoors. While some people use a fireplace outside with an extension cord, this is not ideal for our products. It will reduce the efficiency of them, and they are not built for outdoor use.
Fortunately, there are other fireplaces, which are designed to be used outside. This can allow you to enjoy a fireplace on a cool day in direct sunlight!
The Frames That We Offer Are Unique
If the fireplace that you want will be set into the wall, there are many options that you can choose from at MagikFlame. In fact, you can choose from wooden or metal fireplaces, which are available in a variety of colors and styles. Here are a few examples of the styles that we offer:
Copper, Unpainted Fireplace Frames
Some of our products feature a copper frame, which does not include any sort of paint. This type of design is perfect for many homeowners who are seeking a more modern style. However, it can also be a good fit for people who are going for a more traditional style. This version of our products is quite popular, and it has gotten great reviews from our customers.
Unpainted Metallic Frames
Some of our products feature no frame, and they use a metal other than copper. This allows you to have a conventional iron or steel fireplace frame for your electric fireplace. The design creates a classic look that is perfect in nearly any type of home. There are many styles of these designs that we offer, which you can choose from. This can allow you to get the perfect look for your home.
Unpainted Wood Frame Products
If you are looking for a rustic but unique fireplace, our wood frame electric fireplaces might be exactly what you are looking for. A conventional fireplace cannot be made out of wood, which is because it could ignite. However, this is not a concern with electric fireplaces. As a result, it is possible to choose a product that is made out of a high-quality wooden material.
Painted Wood Frame Products
Our painted wood frame products are available in a wide range of colors, which can allow you to create the right color scheme for your room. Furthermore, it’s possible to customize the look of any wood frame product that we offer by painting it yourself. This can make it easy to create a matching color scheme throughout your home.
Painted Metal Frame Products
If you want to choose a painted metal frame product, there are plenty of options that we offer, which can be perfect for homeowners. Not only that, but it’s possible to paint the frame of any metal fireplace that we offer. This can allow you to customize the look of your living room or den very easily.
How Can You Change The Settings On Our Products?
It’s easy to change the settings on all of our products, which is because we offer a remote control that’s easy to use. Not only that, but you can connect our remote to an iOS app. This will allow you to easily control your new fireplace from anywhere in the house. In fact, if you have cell service or internet access, it will be possible to control your fireplace. You could actually control it if you were located far away from home, such as when you’re on vacation.
Though, if you do use the app to control the fireplace remotely, it’s important to make sure that you have a home security camera that connects to the internet. This will ensure that you will be able to know that the fireplace has properly turned off, which is essential to prevent a fire hazard. However, if you do have a camera that allows you to do this, it will be possible to turn on the fireplace for pets in the house when you’re away.
You’ll even be able to see your pet curled up in front of the fireplace on the internet connected camera, and you can change the thermostat to ensure that the temperature in your house is right for him or her. This will be quite easy to do with our app, which is compatible with any device that has an iOS operating system.
You’ll Be Able To Connect Your Fireplace To Voice Assistants
Not only will you be able to control your fireplace with our iOS app, but it will be possible to change the flame or temperature setting with a voice assistant in your home. Furthermore, the app can be connected to the voice command feature in your phone. This can allow you to control the fireplace from afar with your voice. Also, the fact that our app can be connected to voice assistants means that you will be able to control your fireplace with the same devices that you use to control your lights and HVAC system.
It’s Easy To Clean The Fireplaces That We Offer
While you will need to clean the chimney of a conventional fireplace and remove combustion byproducts, this will not be an issue with an electric fireplace. That’s because electric fireplaces do not use any sort of combustion! In fact, you’ll be able to clean them off with a moist paper towel, and this is quite an easy process. However, do not use a moist cloth anywhere near the coils.
Use a dry cloth that’s clean instead. Also, you can use a duster brush, which will be dry. Make sure that the power is off and the device is unplugged before you clean the area near the coils. Always make sure that you perform the cleaning with a cloth or paper towel that’s clean, which will ensure that you do not get dust and dirt on your new fireplace.
If you want to improve the cleaning process further, you can use cleaners that are designed for the surface that your MagikFlame fireplace is made out of. If you have a wood frame electric fireplace, make sure that you use a cleaner that’s designed for wooden surfaces. However, if you have a metal fireplace from us, it’s best to use a non-abrasive metal fireplace cleaner for your new electric fireplace.
What Types Of Cloth Can Be Used To Clean It?
It’s best to use a cloth that is as non-abrasive as possible, and ensure that it’s designed with the surface that your fireplace is made of in mind. You can use towels, rags, and other conventional cloths to clean your new fireplace. However, it’s even better if you use specialized cloths that are designed for the surface that you’re cleaning. You’ll also want to pick out the right cleaning products.
What Types Of Cleaners Are Best?
The most important thing to keep in mind is that your cleaner is designed for the surface that your fireplace is made out of, but it’s also important that you pick a quality brand. Luckily, MagikFlame customer support representatives can help you decide. This will allow you to get your new fireplace exceptionally clean.
Not only can this help to ensure that your fireplace looks great today, but it can also help to ensure that it lasts. Dirt and grime can lead to rust and corrosion, which is yet another reason to remove it as quickly as possible. Luckily, properly cleaning your new fireplace can ensure that all corrosive forms of dust and debris are promptly removed, and this can ensure that it looks great for many years to come.
If You Have Any Questions About Our Products, It’s Easy To Ask Us.
One thing that makes our brand stand out from the competition is the fact that it’s easy to ask us questions about what we offer. Give our customer service representatives a call or send us a message with our online chat feature, if you have any questions.
While the specific number of amps that our products require varies from product to product, the electrical demand is comparable to other electric powered fireplaces. Though, all of our products offer a whopping 5,200 BTU, but the fact that our products are exceptionally powerful does not affect the setup process.
Not only are our representatives extremely knowledgeable and easy to get in touch with, but you will find that MagikFlame reviews consistently mention the fact that we offer exceptional customer service. This helps to ensure that you’ll have a good experience with our brand, which is one reason why you should consider choosing us for your new and improved fireplace.
Browse Our Website Today If You’re Interested In Our Products.
If you’re interested in the products that we offer, you can check out our easy to browse website today. All of our products offer detailed descriptions, and you’ll be able to read plenty of reviews.